sabato 31 dicembre 2011

Celestial Harmonies "finnish" recording session

Hi to you all! Today is December 31 and in a few hours we'll get a brand new year. I wish a happy new year to you all, I hope it will be full of music and happiness!
I know it's a bad period, with the financial crisis, but "hoping" is free of charge for us all :)

Today I wanted to share with you, a little curiosity, an episode on the recording of Celestial Harmonies. In the song "Crossing the Line", fifth movement of the suite "The Origins of Matter and Life", you can hear the sound of the sea and some seagulls.
The curiosity is that the sea is in fact a lake and I recorded it with my iPhone this summer during my vacation in Finland. It was a rainy day and I was in Tampere near Pyynikki tower. I don't know the name of the lake I recorded, but it had a good, brilliant and crispy sound so I decided to take it. The city of Tampere extends all around the lake but in the place I was recording there were not city noises so I took a really clean recording and I ended up using it in the album. I also took a few pic of the exact location, here they are, hope you enjoy them:

Here you can see a pic I took right after the recording
Nice finnish landscape all around
There was a nice house
As seen from the top of the Pyynikki tower
As seen from the top of the Pyynikki tower - pic 2
The Pyynikki tower itself

Another curiosity: seagulls is actually Daphne "singing"! :)

Perseo

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento